   Re: [xml-dev] Objections to / uses of PSVI?

On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 00:46, Ronald Bourret wrote:
> I am having trouble understanding two things in this entire discussion:
.../...
> Am I missing anything else here?

Yes, I think so. Using the PSVI (at least with the current
underspecification of its API and|or serialization) implies defining a
W3C XML Schema for all your documents and some applications may want or
need to use other schema languages or no schema at all.

Except for DBMS which *requires* a schema definition for their physical
storage, this requirement to write a formal definition of the data
structures outside the applications is quite unique IMO and I am not
even sure that this approach can be successfull or even if it is
something that we should wish.

Eric

--
See you in Barcelona.