   RE: [xml-dev] Open Standards Organization

>I hope I will not start another religion war, but I think that what we
>want to achieve is more a "free" than an "open" standards organization
>(with of course "free" as in GNU's "free speech").

>That being said, it's not very sexy, but "freespecs" and variations such
>as "free-specs" or "3specs" seems to be rather new for google...

Free Standards, however, is not. The good folks that brought us
the Linux Standard Base, and other standardization work directly
related to existing implementations.
http://www.freestandards.org/

Even if that group is not the place for this work, it's a good
place to look for examples of what does/does not work in this
kind of effort. If I can learn about a hot stove from someone
else's blistered fingers, good for me.

 Thanks,

 Joe