From: Jeff Lowery [mailto:jlowery@scenicsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 10:36 PM
To: 'Rick Jelliffe'
Cc: Xml-Dev (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Open Standards Organization

> How about this for a rule?
>
>  * No standard should be longer than 15 printed pages (at 12
> pts Times),
>    excluding front and backmatter, tuorial material, DTDs or
>    other XML code, and formal characterizations.

I tried suggesting that a measure of simplicity on the TAG list and was
informed I was ignorant.  Seems that even some arguably simple standards
require more words.  I guess that's true.  I don't that Tim Bray ever got a
useful response to his request for a measure of simplicity.  I don't think
there is one, but we all know simple when we see it.