   Re: [xml-dev] Objections to / uses of PSVI?

On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 07:56, Ronald Bourret wrote:
> Assuming the PSVI is read/write (and there is no reason to believe that
> it shouldn't be), I can do things like using the DOM to create
> schema-less documents with typed nodes. Since serializing this
> accurately means (as you point out) serializing the type information,
> we've just lost XML.

And that's where I come in with proposals for alternate serializations
that preserve (and use) that type information without necessarily using
XML per se.  People who want typed information should not be bound by
XML's limitations.

I'm just getting started developing those proposals, but hope to have
something useful to talk about soon.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!