   Re: [xml-dev] Penance for misspent attributes

 >>[Sean McGrath]
 >> This jejune hierarchy view does not need to be hardcoded. However, the
stuff
 >> that is and is not *in* this hierarchy view dictates what can be in the
process
 >> view.

 >[Walter Perry]
 >Not exactly. A process will hardcode its specific data expectations,
including a
 >hierarchy view.

Hi Walter.

The point I was aiming at is that the hierarchy view is the result of a
lossy derivation
from the syntax view.

So, for example, working from a hierarchy view, I cannot
process the second line of the internal document type declaration
subset - that information just isn't available.

So, any process specific view is limited in scope to what has been exposed
in the infoset of the chosen XML processor.

regards,
Sean