   RE: [xml-dev] Objections to / uses of PSVI?

> > > There's a principle of genetics known as Fisher's
> > Fundamental Theorem
> > > of Natural Selection (after
> > > Sir Ronald Fisher) which states that the better adapted an
> > organism is to its current environment,
> > > the less of a change in its environment it can survive.
> > Gerald Weinberg has observed that this
> > > applies to human inventions as much as to natural
> > organisms, and it particularly applies to
> > > programs and the systems they're part of.

Reminds me of a remark I think by David Hartley: never get into a
situation where all the resources on a computer system are optimally
loaded, because you always need to be able to grow capacity by expanding
one resource.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com