   Re: [xml-dev] How to spell "No PSVI" in XSLT 2.0 ?

Arjun Ray wrote:

> Mike Champion <mc@xegesis.org> wrote:
>
> | OK, so why did the SOAP folks not find comma-delimited ASCII
> | suitable for their needs?
>
> Because pointy brackets were in fashion.

If they switched from XML they would lose compatibility with XML Schema
and XSLT, two XML technologies that the Web Services world does care
about. Of course they could define a mapping from paren-prefix notation
to XML infoset but that strikes me as extra effort with no payoff.

 Paul Prescod