   RE: [xml-dev] Painful USA Today article (was RE: [xml-dev] ANN: RESTTut

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Painful USA Today article (was RE: [xml-dev] ANN: RESTTutorial)
  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 16:51:54 -0500

Of course the question is, will contractually
obligating myself/company/customer to a standard limit
my ability to innovate a better specification and
field a better system?

If you sign on the dotted line, you are generally
expected to comply.  That is why, IMO, engineers
and lawyers prefer modular standards.

We get lots of requests for XML support typically
in the boilerplate RFPs.  They never tell us what
they want to do with XML.  That makes it easy to
say yes.  We always say no to XTML because no one
knows what that is even if we think we know what
they meant.

It's not very smart to normatively cite acronyms.

len