   RE: RE: [xml-dev] Painful USA Today article (was RE: [xml-dev] AN N: R E

You know what? I forwarded the url for this article to one of the TCs
I belong to, and haven't heard boo about it. I think it is very
important, since it will be a real deal killer, and yet, I see this
headlong rush and it is just amazing.

Is there something inherently wrong with just proceeding to start
small in scope and do what you can do well as you can as long as it
allows for further development and doesn't box you into a corner or
add so much computational overhead that it becomes unuseable?

I'm seeing what looks like some real boners going by and I know they
are gonna come back and bite folks in the posterior. However, trying
to flag down some of these is a prescription for being run over. It
is the second of Len's thriving-mechanisms that is running a lot of
shows right now. Being in the other camp requires a lot of ducking to
simply stay in the game while just getting smaller initial versions
out that can prove usefulness while allowing the larger vocabularies
to build, (I hope!).

Pretty amazing.
Rex