   RE: [xml-dev] DTDs, W3C Schemas, RELAX NG, Schematron?

I can't say I will mourn those.  They have always
been hard to explain to a reasonable programmer
and close to impossible to the technical writers
until they use them for awhile.  I agree with Tim;
the cost/benefit just isn't that great for all the
headaches on the programmer side given Internet
systems.  They predate hypermedia and only as
we have had to work in integrated open hypermedia
systems have the problems of mainly authoring side
facilities become glaring.

len