   Re: [xml-dev] Painful USA Today article (was RE: [xml-dev] ANN: RESTT

I guess you've never heard of the "attractive nuisance" laws. They're
what require (e.g.) swimming pool owners to put up fences so that
neighborhood children won't be tempted to dive in uninvited. There're
also product liability laws that prevent shoddy workmanship in physical
goods sold to customers, but so far software companies have managed to
avoid getting those applied to software.

In any case, MS is *not* the crime victim. The victims are their
customers. And to suggest that the open source community is the culprit
is so far out in left field that I won't even dignify it with a response.

  - Dennis