   xsl escaping

I am trying to parse the following xsl into html:
---
<xsl:template match="tocTitle">

		<xsl:apply-templates />
	</a>

</xsl:template>
---

I cannot figure out how to grab the value of tocTitle and reuse it. In a
nutshell, I have a form that users fill out that creates an html page. I am
allowing them to create an in-page table of contents by entering a name for
each TOC entry. The I want to reuse the text they enter in the final html
doc in the following three ways:
1. as the text of the TOC entry
2. as the in-page link (#link)
3. as the named anchor the respective link points to

I tried to illustrate this in the non well-formed code above. Any ideas on
how I could make this work?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Molnar
Content Management & Intranet Consulting
office 773-399-4133
cell 773-230-7076