   Re: [xml-dev] DTDs, W3C Schemas, RELAX NG, Schematron?

Hi John,

John Cowan said:
> "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" scripsit:
>
>> I originally believed that DSDL would converge
>> these.  Am I misunderstanding DSDL?  Noting
>> from Murata:
>
> DSDL has multiple parts, of which AFAIK only the RNG and Schematron
> parts are actually being worked on.

That's not totally accurate any longer and a couple of strawmen have been
proposed on the other parts such as the interoperability framework and on
datatypes. The DSDL home page should be updated soon with the new status
and amended list of parts.
> There are place holders for
> an XS Structures part, an enhanced DTD part, and so on.

We intend to provide examples of integration of other schema languages
such as W3C XML Schema languages and ASN.1 in our interoperability
framework.
Eric (editor of DSDL Part 1: Interoperability framework)
--
See you in San Diego.
                               http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2002/