   RE: [xml-dev] Announce: XML Schema, The W3C's Object-Oriented Descriptio

>> Surely that is a matter of traditions. Programming Language
>> is generalluy understood not to be part of the acronym for
>> any programming language

>Except, of course, APL, BCPL, CPL, and no doubt a few others.

Hence the constraint generally, which mis-spelled generalluy in
conjunction with the modifier any before "programming language" caused
me to be mis-interpreted I bet, in fact it's not clear to me when I
re-read it so it must be wrong.  I think it's an indicator of the rule
however if the primary exceptions turn out to be DSLs, and those of not
any great provenance.
I haven't ever seen Iverson's original papers on APL, but I bet it says
that it abbreviates to APL somewhere in there specifically, thus
overriding our natural tendency to want to call it A. As someone
facetiously did somewhere else in this thread.