   Re: [xml-dev] ANN: Building Web Services the REST Way

Rich Salz wrote:

> Yes.  In addition, SSL works by having two parties share a common key.
> That makes digital signature and non-repudiable disclosure impossible:
> each party could claim the other signed or exposed the data.  Public-key
> crypto does not have those attributes.

Signing and encrypting are two different things. 100% REST systems could
of course use public-key signing. I don't know what non-repudiable
disclosure means. If I have the information, encrypt it, and you decrypt
it then how can anyone know, when those bits show up somewhere on
Gnutella, who exposed it? Sounds like DRM. ;)

--
Come discuss XML and REST web services at:
  Open Source Conference: July 22-26, 2002, conferences.oreillynet.com