   Re: [xml-dev] ANN: Building Web Services the REST Way

>>Ah, the crux of my problem with the REST camp.  Post hoc propter hoc.
>
> So is it your sense that no matter how compelling a theory for why
> something happened in the past, that theory should not be considered
> because it can never be proved? Maybe evolution is not the cause of the
> fossils in the ground. How can we be sure?

I think it is important to distinguish between "the Web works because it
is a RESTful architecture" and "the web works; its architecture is
thus..."  The latter formulation admits the possibility that, for
example, an awful lot of effort made something mediocre work.
	/r$