   Re: [xml-dev] ANN: Building Web Services the REST Way

> Firstly REST did not come *after* the fact as you state.

I was on the HTTP WG for a bit.  I don't ever recall any "guiding
architectural principles" being emphasized.  It was all being made up as
we went along, with occasional number-crunching (cf Mogul's 95SIGCOMM
paper) the notable exception.

Now, this is not to say that such things DIDN'T happen, just that I
don't remember them during my (incomplete) tenure on the mailing list.

It certainly could have happened

> 6. This work was done in conjunction with my authoring of the Internet
> standards for the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and Uniform Resource
> Identifiers (URI)."

Hm. Thie following search result from Google is a bit curious, then:
	Your search - state transfer fielding representational
  	site:ftp.ics.uci.edu - did not match any documents.

:)
	/r$