   RE: [xml-dev] Please help me to understand a basic concept.

  • To: "Alessandro Barabesi" <alex@barabesi.net>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Please help me to understand a basic concept.
  • From: "Manos Batsis" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 12:48:19 +0300
  • Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

> From: Alessandro Barabesi [mailto:alex@barabesi.net]

> but this can be done if you actually have the xml file. What
> I want to do is
> to use my stylesheet on "stylesheetless" xml
> doc from the network.

Oh.

> I thought this was a nice way to distribute structured
> information so that
> anybody could
> visualize the information as they want.

Note that this way your users should have the means and know-how to
associate the document with a stylesheet. Even then, the XML PI is a
good way to have a 'default' stylesheet.
You can always do it programmatically but how depends on the interface
given to your users. What is your target interface type? Web? Win32?

Manos