   Re: RE: RE: [xml-dev] XQuery and DTD/Schema?

At 08:20 PM 7/3/2002 -0400, Mike Champion wrote:
>But seriously, what I would suggest is that the Query WG accept the reality
>that there is heterogeneity of XML schema languages (and applications that
>use no schema language)

DTDs, well-formed documents, and XML Schema are all expressly supported by
XQuery.

Other schema languages can be mapped into our data model, but that requires
someone to do the work. For RELAX-NG, that probably would involve
specifying how the type annotations are computed, and there are some
features of RELAX-NG, such as co-occurrence constraints, that are not
supported in our data model.

Jonathan