   RE: RE: RE: [xml-dev] XQuery and DTD/Schema?

-----Original Message-----
From: John Cowan [mailto:jcowan@reutershealth.com]
Sent: Sat 7/6/2002 11:11 AM
To: Jonathan Robie
Cc: Mike Champion; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: RE: RE: [xml-dev] XQuery and DTD/Schema?

>> features of RELAX-NG, such as co-occurrence constraints, that are not
>> supported in our data model.

>Can you please explain what you meant by "co-occurrence constraints"
>in this context?

Probably the most requested feature for W3C XML Schema from our users is the ability to specify occurence constraints for various attributes and elements based on the value or occurence of other elements and attributes. My oft quoted example is "How do I specify either there is a server-available attribute set to false or the server-available attribute is set to true AND there is a server-uptime element as a child of the attribute's parent element"