   Re: RE: [xml-dev] XQuery and DTD/Schema?

7/6/2002 4:25:02 PM, Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@datadirect-technologies.com> wrote:

>And if you use the static typing, this error will not occur.

If you use static typing throughout your organization, with a standard
infrastructure so that the types mean exactly the same thing, and you
impose the same on your entire supply chain and customer base, THEN
this error will not occur.  No disagreement from me!

There would, however,  be no need for XML in that environment :~)

> We are working on defining conformance levels, including one level that
> does not require static typing, and one level that does not reven equire
> support for schema imports.

Great!