   Re: [xml-dev] XQuery and DTD/Schema?

Uche Ogbuji scripsit:

> Well, there is a lot hidden in this debate, and I think that big company
> ethos vs the open-source ethos (I already brought up the Cathedral
> and the Bazaar) is one that isn't brought up as often as I'd think in
> this context.  Perhaps everyone already knows these cards all to well.

Just a bit of meme-hunting: the term "Cathedral" originally referred
to a different kind of open-source development, as formerly used by
gcc, and currently by the GNU Hurd and the BSD teams: development by
a small, fairly closed team, with open-source releases but relatively
little public input to the code.

--
One art / There is                      John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
No less / No more                       http://www.reutershealth.com