   Re: [xml-dev] XQuery and DTD/Schema?

> Sure, people can add a type specifier for the sort to XSL, or add a cast to
> XQuery, to make these things come out correctly - but if they forget, their
> program has a subtle bug.  I don't think the solution to supporting types
> is to ask the programmer to do casts.

It must surely be preferable and more portable than wondering if the
XML parser used for any particular run of the program is going to find
some schema information in possibly the same place as the information
that the parser you used found and  pass this non-XML "PSVI" annotated
parse tree to the query system via some private mechanism.

David