   Re: [xml-dev] Is Anyone Interested In XPath 2.0 Use Cases or Requirement

> > a.) As Uche pointed out, the question also involves whether node
> > identity or the text values of nodes are used. Your technique works
> > for identity based equivalence tests but not value based tests
> >

> Yes of course. If you want value based set equality that's
>  not($b[. != $a]) and not($a[. != $b])

Lovely.  And here I am thinking I was a jaded XSLT expert who knew how to pull every trick in the book from its reduced instruction set (thanks, Mike for the trope).

I should know better than to say there isn't a built-in solution to something in XSLT until David, Jeni and Mike have spoken  :-)

That geek praise having been dished out, I still think this is an area best covered by a cleanly-specified EXSLT function.

Track chair, XML/Web Services One Boston: http://www.xmlconference.com/
The many heads of XML modeling - http://adtmag.com/article.asp?id=6393
Will XML live up to its promise? - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think11.html