Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Derek Denny-Brown" <email@example.com>,"Michael Fitzgerald" <firstname.lastname@example.org>,<email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] RE: RELAX NG and type derivation [Was:] XQuery and DTD/Schema?
- From: "Dare Obasanjo" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 10:21:58 -0700
- Thread-index: AcIjhxL7aZMRxydGS8yBWAZscAlOKQCeHIr/ACj4NkA=
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] RE: RELAX NG and type derivation [Was:] XQuery and DTD/Schema?
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Derek Denny-Brown
> Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 10:06 AM
> To: Michael Fitzgerald; email@example.com
> Subject: [xml-dev] RE: RELAX NG and type derivation [Was:]
> XQuery and DTD/Schema?
> Also note, that I am not even remotely defending WXS as a
> complete, well-designed, nor elegant spec. It just is, and
> it achieves certain things which people wanted.
For those out there that may not know what W3C XML Schema was supposed to achieve I suggest looking at the requirements from 1999 particularly the structures and data types sections
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Lynch's Law: When the going gets tough, everyone leaves.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.