   RE: [xml-dev] RE: RELAX NG and type derivation [Was:] XQuery and DTD/Sch

  • To: "Derek Denny-Brown" <derekdb@microsoft.com>,"Michael Fitzgerald" <mike@wyeast.net>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] RE: RELAX NG and type derivation [Was:] XQuery and DTD/Schema?
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 10:21:58 -0700

For those out there that may not know what W3C XML Schema was supposed to achieve I suggest looking at the requirements from 1999[0] particularly the structures[1] and data types[2] sections

[0] http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-xml-schema-req
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-xml-schema-req#Structural
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-xml-schema-req#Datatype

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Lynch's Law: When the going gets tough, everyone leaves.