   Re: [xml-dev] RE: RELAX NG and type derivation [Was:] XQuery andDTD/Sche

Hi, I checked this message. I think my write-up is kind of preliminary,
though itdiscusses exactly what Michael said. I think is is important to
understand two different ways of doing subtyping --explicit subtyping and
implicit subtyping. The issues in implicit subtyping are not fully solved.
I will try to upgrade my report at my earliest, but I will encourage you
to read the preliminary version, and please give any comments you may
have.

you may please find the report at
http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~mani/xmlresearch/datamodels/subtyping.doc
(or)
http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~mani/xmlresearch/datamodels/subtyping.pdf

I conjecture this will be an important topic to be discussed and probably
solved in the next few months.

thanks and regards - murali.