   RE: RE: [xml-dev] XQuery and DTD/Schema?

At 11:24 AM 7/8/2002 -0700, Dare Obasanjo wrote:
>Except Kweelt doesn't seem to have anything to do with XQuery and I can't
>seem to be able to connect to the XQuench website.

Kweelt is an implementation of Quilt, which was the proposal that
eventually became XQuery.

>More importantly the meatiest part of XQuery (the "type system") is yet to
>be implemented by any demo I've seen probably because  no one is sure what
>it is including the W3C XML Query WG.

These two implement the type system:

IPSI-XQ: http://xml.ipsi.fhg.de/xquerydemo
Lucent: http://db.bell-labs.com/galax/

Each of these includes online demos that illustrate how the type system works.

You are right in saying that the type system is still evolving. Hey, it's a
Working Draft! We are still working on some pretty important aspects of how
the language works.

Jonathan