   Re: RE: [xml-dev] XQuery and DTD/Schema?

At 02:47 PM 7/8/2002 -0400, Jonathan Robie wrote:
>>Sorry Jonathan, but at this point I'm not in the mood to play with
>>700-page specifications that do both more and less than I need.  (Yes,
>>I'd like update too.)  I'll take another look at XQuery when it clearly
>>presents a subset for work with well-formed XML only, without inflicting
>>typed expectations on that understanding.  I'm not willing to waste my
>>time playing in toxic turf controlled by an organization in which I have
>>little faith.
>
>OK, but in that case, please don't waste too much of our time with expert
>opinions on a technology you haven't taken the time to learn.

No, Jonathan, it's not that simple.  I've read through these
specifications.  At some point I decided that they were horrible enough
that putting in the effort for a complete understanding of them was an
astounding waste of time.

I've evaluated these specifications, and found them wanting in dire
ways.  That's very different from not having bothered.

Don't take rejection for ignorance, even if it suits your own view.

Simon St.Laurent
"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue