   Re: RE: [xml-dev] XQuery and DTD/Schema?

7/3/2002 11:38:31 AM, "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com> wrote:

> [...]
bears similarity to RELAX NG since they both primarily use pattern
matching to establish types. The problem with this is that it is
incompatible with XML Schema's notion of named types and type derivation
which unfortunately it seems the W3C XML Query working group is refusing
to accept given the last draft of the XQuery formal semantics I laid my
eyes on.

Could you elaborate?  Is the XQuery WG really re-thinking WXSDL named
types in favor of a more XDuce/RELAX NG-like pattern-based approach?   I
think I mis-parsed something, or maybe your sense of "unfortunately" is
not the same as mine :~)