   Re: RE: [xml-dev] XQuery and DTD/Schema?

At 12:33 PM 7/3/2002 -0400, Mike Champion wrote:

>Could you elaborate?  Is the XQuery WG really re-thinking WXSDL named
>types in favor of a more XDuce/RELAX NG-like pattern-based approach?   I
>think I mis-parsed something, or maybe your sense of "unfortunately" is
>not the same as mine :~)

The other way around, actually.

We started with purely structural typing. We have gone to named typing. The
Formal Semantics draft that is currently published has not kept up with the
XQuery/ XPath language documents, but the next release will incorporate
named typing.

Jonathan