   RE: [xml-dev] XQuery and DTD/Schema?

7/8/2002 3:17:01 PM, Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@datadirect-technologies.com> wrote:

>You don't like our requirements. We are
>required to meet them.

Hmmm.  I see no statement to this effect, or indeed any mention of a
mandatory requirements document, in http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process-20010719/

A Last Call Working Draft must meet requirements set out in the charter,
(XQuery's is still W3C confidential, I believe)
and "any accompanying requirements documents" -- presumably meaning that the
requirements document must be finalized by Last Call.

In my experience, a requirements document has the status of a working draft, and
can be changed by a working group as understanding of the circumstances changes.

Not that I labor under the illusion that changing the XQuery requirements is a feasible
option, but it is, strictly speaking, "legal."