   Re: [xml-dev] JDOM vs. JAXP/Xerces for XML document creation

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

> Come to the New York XML User's Group meeting September 17 if you want
> to hear me explain exactly what is wrong with DOM (and JDOM, and
> ElectricXML, and dom4j) and how it can be fixed. I also plan to release
> what I suspect will be the first genuinely correct tree-based API for
> XML processing in Java.

[putting on my non-semantician hat, with some relief, for the first time
this morning]

Any non-member of the NY XML SIG who would like to attend this meeting is
welcome to send me an email request. I will see that a place is reserved
for you and that you receive an email reminder in early September. (NY XML
SIG members:  please wait until you receive your invitation before
replying to reserve).

Walter Perry
XML SIG Leader