   XML configuration file

Hi,
     We would like to use XML configuration files to generate binding
classes ( JAXB ). We collect data based on user parameters. If the user
parameters change the code has to automatically collect data based on that.
I will be writing code based on the binding classes. The idea is to
configure the data collector code automatically. We are aware that the code
should be intellingent enough to change. Is it the right decision?
XML is used only for the configuration files.
bye,
Mohan