   Positional predicates de-mystified (was Re: Quick XPath)

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Positional predicates de-mystified (was Re: Quick XPath)
  • From: <evan@evanlenz.net>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:58:11 -0700 (PDT)

After a much-needed break from xml-dev, I peeked back in to see my
favorite topic being discussed (you can laugh; that was a joke). I had
gotten tired of arguing about whether node-sets are ordered (they're not),
so in January I wrote up an explanation/tutorial about the forward/reverse
distinction in XPath 1.0. In case anyone is still scratching their head,
maybe this will prove helpful:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/965077

Evan