   PSVI one of the many things I don't get

It seems to me like a document can only be a PSVI document in the
context of its application environment right? Meaning that if you have
an application that processes document A, gets a PSVI and serializes
this into a document B, as soon as document B is not in the application
environment anymore it cannot be said to have a PSVI because we don't
know that it's been processed anywhere. I'm not complaining if this is
the case necessarily, just wondering exactly where the limits are, in
the case of Xquery for example it seems that keeping track of PSVI is
required. Is it going to be required for Xpath 2.0?
Can someone explain these things in simpler terms than found in a
specification?