   RE: [xml-dev] Quick Xpath

> Hmm.  It was explained to me not as the set having an order,
> but that each node in the set has, effectively, a property
> indicating "location in the tree," and that thus the apparent
> ordering of the node-set is an emergent property.

The key point that makes it a true set is that you can't have two
different sets (N1,N2) and (N2,N1). The fact that there is an ordering
among integers doesn't stop you having sets of integers, and the same is
true of nodes. Similarly, the fact that it's a set of integers doesn't
stop you deciding that you're always going to process the integers in
ascending order.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com