   RE: [xml-dev] What kind of trap is XPointer?

Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>It might be sensible if a bit odd to create application/psvi or
somesuch
>for applications of XML which rely on the PSVI, but that's just one
>possibility.

This addresses something I was wondering about earlier but I don't think
I necessarily expressed that well. Maybe you can explain this to me, if
you care to and if you think it can be simply stated:
How are we supposed to know when an XML document is also a PSVI? I mean
I know how I would know this in the context of my application
environment, I would keep track of it, and it seems to me that some
environments will be built that do this for me(and I will probably hate
them), but is there supposed to be some "higher-level" method for doing
this track-keeping. What this might be I don't know,
processing instructions, a mimetype as discussed above, or is this being
left as a separate issue?
Or am I being incomprehensible or misguided?