   Re: [xml-dev] Schema Namespace name, schemaLocation, and Schema V

John Cowan wrote:
> "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" scripsit:
> > It is also why namespaces do not belong
> > in the core but should be the first thing to the right of the
> > + (XML 1.0 + Namespaces + ...)
>
> On the contrary.  The Namespace Rec simply adds the ability to have
> URI-syntax strings in element type names and attribute names

Hm.

This is the clearest explanation of what the XML Namespaces REC
does and doesn't do that I've heard to date.

> without breaking SGML backward compatibility.

But surely there are other considerations besides just that!

I know "terseness is of minimal importance" and all,
but really!

--Joe English

  jenglish@flightlab.com