From: Dare Obasanjo <dareo@microsoft.com>
To: Garland foster <garland_foster@salutia.com>
Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2002 3:53 PM
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Question for the XPath and DOM folks

> If it returns a nodeset containing one text node should be returned then
where does it come from and what is the node's parent? In the DOM the <foo>
element has 3 children; 2 text nodes and 1 CDATA node. Your suggestion
implies that the XPath query creates a new DOM node.

> Suppose we do create the new node. What happen when we query its parent?
If the parent is <foo>, what happens when we ask it for its children do we
get our original 3 or the newly created text node?

> I wonder what Jeni's right answer will be...

---