   RE: [xml-dev] Question for the XPath and DOM folks

> Hmm, Saxon 5.4.1 gives 3, while Saxon 6.5.1 gives 1.  A few
> quiet changes behind the scenes, I see.

5.4.1 is a long time ago (August 2000), and there have been 21 releases since then, so I can't cast my mind back to the particular change. But the changes at each release are pretty thoroughly documented: see http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.2/changes.html.

I'm surprised if it ever gave 3 when processing a SAXSource or StreamSource, though it gives 3 today when running on JDOM (a known bug). How was the input supplied in your case?

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com
work: Michael.Kay@softwareag.com