   Re: [xml-dev] Question for the XPath and DOM folks

[Michael Kay]

> Hmm, Saxon 5.4.1 gives 3, while Saxon 6.5.1 gives 1.  A few
> quiet changes behind the scenes, I see.

5.4.1 is a long time ago (August 2000), and there have been 21 releases
since then, so I can't cast my mind back to the particular change. But the
changes at each release are pretty thoroughly documented: see
http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.2/changes.html.

I'm surprised if it ever gave 3 when processing a SAXSource or StreamSource,
though it gives 3 today when running on JDOM (a known bug). How was the
input supplied in your case?

[Tom P]

By command line on Win2000.

Regards,