   vcard in xml, preferred format

One of the things that’s bugged me on and off is the the subject of an xml format for vcards. I realize there have been proposals made here and there but it seems like it has been such an unsexy  project that it has never really taken off. That is to say no one of these formats seems to have widespread support as far as I can make out, by support meaning that you can directly import an xml-ized vcard into an application, and output such from same application(any claims to the contrary)?

Of the formats out there, for which I will use http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/vcard.html as a reference, does anyone have any particular preference and arguments for that preference?