   RE: [xml-dev] [ANN] Ipedo XML Database 3.1 Now Available

  • To: "Chris Parkerson" <cparkerson@ipedo.com>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] [ANN] Ipedo XML Database 3.1 Now Available
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:15:33 -0700

Two questions:

1.) What update syntax proposals before the W3C?

2.) According to your website's[0] "Features At A Glance" section your
product has

   * Support for the latest XML standards including XML Schema, XQuery
and XSLT

Given that the current XQuery working draft[1] states

"XQuery is a strongly typed language. Rules for assigning types to
XQuery expressions are described in [XQuery 1.0 Formal Semantics]. A
query may import type definitions from a Schema, according to rules that
will be specified in a future edition of [XQuery 1.0 Formal Semantics]."

I am curious as to how you guys support XQuery since the type system,
schema importation and the entire formal semantics is pretty much still
in a state of flux with significant questions still to be answered. Does
Ipedo implement the XQuery type system? If so which W3C document does it
conform to and if not isn't that the whole point of XQuery?

I guess I could just download the trial version (if there are no legal
issues) but its always good to talk to XQuery implementers since I don't
think I've read or heard any opinions/comments about it from anyone that
doesn't work for MS.

[0] http://www.ipedo.com/html/products_xml_dat.html
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-xquery-20020430

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Going the speed of light is bad for your age.

rights.