Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <email@example.com>,"Miles Sabin" <firstname.lastname@example.org>,<email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] URIs harmful (was RE: [xml-dev] Article: Keeping pa ce with James Clark)
- From: "Dare Obasanjo" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:11:11 -0700
- Thread-index: AcIxiv921gahRmRRQLqUQddo/hm3+wAYpEHg
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] URIs harmful (was RE: [xml-dev] Article: Keeping pa ce with James Clark)
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 7:20 AM
> To: 'Miles Sabin'; firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: RE: [xml-dev] URIs harmful (was RE: [xml-dev]
> Article: Keeping pa ce with James Clark)
> In Internet Explorer, it returns among other things,
> 11004 - Host not found
> Yes. I consider that a resolution. It made the
> attempt and found a document to return.
No it didn't:
$ wget http://this.host.does.not.exist/
Resolving this.host.does.not.exist... failed: Host not found.
$ telnet http://this.host.does.not.exist/ 80
http://this.host.does.not.exist/: No address associated with name
Getting an error message in Internet Explorer does not count as
retrieving a document to me not does it to WGET, TELNET or any other
mechanism I'd use to dereference that URL.
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
He who laughs last didn't catch on very fast, did he?
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no