   Re: [xml-dev] version numbers and infosets

>I fully agree. I have the gut feeling that this was done to "save people
>work" which translates to implementors not needing to get out new versions
>of their parsers.

That's not true.  No such view has ever been expressed in my hearing.
And it doesn't even have that effect, since as you say most parsers
already reject 1.1-labelled documents.

I for one am intending to bring out a version of RXP for 1.1, even
though I have no use for any 1.1 features.

-- Richard