   Re: [xml-dev] XML IDE: What are the top 3 and why?

Don Box wrote:
> I and most of my friends use Emacs. The NT version has been pretty
> stable for at least a year

Er, many years.  Also, Windows emacs is better than *n*x emacs because
there is *no confusion* over which keys are backspace/delete, and no
escape sequences, and the names for F-keys and so on never change.  I
haven't changed my .emacs on windows for years and years, and I have to
fiddle with it on linux/unix systems whenever I change terminal
emulators or versions or look away from the screen too long.  (Oooh, I'm
gonna get flamed).

>, and the built-in SGML mode has proven more
> than functional (for me at least).

And if you don't like it you can write your own; lots of us have. -Tim