Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Andrew Dubinsky" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Resolving Images
- From: "Manos Batsis" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:36:25 +0300
- Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AcIzFYQiQ/Cg15htSQKvE2LVcEgR6gAAFVhg
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] Resolving Images
Please use text only email.
>From: Andrew Dubinsky [mailto:email@example.com]
>I have a problem using XML/XHTML for binary images. I cannot have
>externally resolved links within the document.
Can you give an example of what you mean by "externally resolved links"?
> All content, including
>binary images, must reside within the XML/XHTML file. I can translate
>the image into binhex, but cannot find the appropriate method to place
>the CDATA into the document.
Most people use Base64 encoding to embed binary info in XML documents.
>Is there an allowance for CDATA within an attribute?
Nope. You will have to use an element and come up with a way to decode
the data on the client.