   Re: [xml-dev] stupid URI tricks was: Re: [xml-dev] URIs harmful

John Cowan wrote:

[[
Jonathan Borden scripsit:

> No. Every URI _always_ identifies a resource.

Only if you allow that some things with URI syntax aren't really URIs.
For example, "http://www.cs.usyrtis.mars/rfc/rfc32767.txt"; doesn't
represent any resource at present:  there is no University of Syrtis
to serve as the authority, and the RFC sequence has only reached the
3000s.
]]

oh right. I suppose the URI has to be 'legal' or 'valid' or needs some other
such descriptor attached to it.

> The point of the above is that the representation of a conceptual resource
> "a thing without a represenation" could always be the text: "a thing
without
> a representation", therefor there one can always provide a representation
> for any resource (if one so chooses).

Ceci n'est pas une représentation.  :-)
]]

:-))