   Re: [xml-dev] URI indigestion

7/25/2002 1:34:16 PM, "Danny Ayers" <danny666@virgilio.it> wrote:

>Surely both 1 & 2 are caused by misinterpretation of the specs, not by
>anything being fundamentally wrong (machine-wise) with treating URL-syntax
>strings as URIs. 3 may add to confusion, but isn't such a danger in itself -
>there's plenty of other strange stuff on the web.

[beating myself bloody for jumping into a thread a swore I would ignore :~) ]

People don't RTFM, much less the F****** Spec. Architectures that don't
support the "principle of least surprise" are going to be fragile,
no matter how logical and consistent their other principles might be.

Confusion IS a danger in itself, as various spacecraft lost for want of a
comma, or misunderstandings of units of measurement, can attest.