   XML 2.0

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: XML 2.0
  • From: "Manos Batsis" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:07:53 +0300

XML 2.0 is here right now I discovered it in my unwanted experiences
with asp.NIET. It doesn't need to be well formed and you can mix it with
any markup language without breaking it (the XML 2.0 part that is). It
also features Namespaces 2.0. A short example of what the server sees
and what the client gets:

Server:

<iewc:tabstrip id="TabMenu" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True">
   <iewc:TabSeparator/>
   <!-- rest of it here -->
</iewc:tabstrip>

The best part happens on the client side!:

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX="TSNS" />
<?IMPORT NAMESPACE="TSNS"
    IMPLEMENTATION="/webctrl_client/1_0/tabstrip.htc" />

<TSNS:TabStrip id="TabMenu">
   <TSNS:TabSeparator />
   <!-- rest of it here -->
</TSNS:TabStrip>

It mixes perfectly with the junk HTML produced by most server side
controls, plus it works like a charm in my IE6.
No wonder standards are left back these days. Non-standards work even
better.

Cheers,

Manos